American Idol finalist Adam Lambert joins us on the GMTV sofa, performs his new single and answers your questions!
.
American Idol finalist, touted as the male Lady Gaga, Adam Lambert joined us for a chat and his first UK performance of his new single, For Your Entertainment, this morning and hung out with GM.TV to answer your questions.
.
GM.TV: How did your performance go this morning?
.
Adam: I had a great time but it’s strange not having an audience in front of me! I prefer that. I’m performing at Heaven in London tonight and I can’t wait!
.
Alicia: Would you launch your own fashion label – I love your style!
.
Adam: Yeah, I’d love that!
.
GM.TV: There should be more sparkle in men’s clothes!
.
Adam: I totally agree! I call it tacky chic! It’s like Vegas threw up on me and I like it! There needs to be more glam in men’s fashion!
.
Monique: Is there a certain ritual you do for good luck before you go on stage?
.
Adam: Not at all! I’m not superstitious about performing. I’ve done it for so long and it’s part of who I am so I trust it.
.
Michelle: You seem very grounded with a great sense of humour – is it difficult to keep this in the midst of all the madness of being a rising star?
.
Adam: Sometimes! I have my moments where I get a little stressed out or overwhelmed but then I try to remind myself how fortunate I am to be where I am and how amazing these opportunities are and that’s the pep talk I give myself if I start losing it. That always brings me right back down.
.
Morgan: Besides your musical success, what is your ambition in life?
.
Adam: Just to keep doing it and to keep entertaining. One of the reasons I waited so long to really, really go for my dream was that I was trying to find out who I was and I was learning about life and about myself so by the time I turned 27 I had this realisation that I wanted to take it to the next level. I knew I wanted to have more money (laughs) and to entertain on a larger scale. The practical and artistic aspirations kicked into overdrive.
.
GM.TV: You must be so, so happy right now!
.
Adam: It’s so great and the fact that it’s all happening overseas now is a dream come true!
.
GM.TV: How are you finding London?
.
Adam: I adore it! I can see myself living here. I love the culture, the history and that dry wit that I really get a kick out of. I think it’s just more my style in many ways. I love the United States and I’ve lived in LA for eight years and I have a blast there but if I was going to make a change I’d love to live abroad.
.
Tom: What was the last single or album you bought?
.
Adam: I’m constantly buying music but I think the Taoi Cruz song was the last one, ‘Break Your Heart’, which I love!
.
Katy: Is it true that your natural hair colour is strawberry blonde?
.
Adam: It IS true! I have no problem with it but it tends to make me look 12 years old! I like how dramatic my black hair is. But I have to wear a lot of bronzer!
.
Praise: Who is the person you turn to in times of trouble?
.
Adam: I have a great group of friends and family – I actually consider my friends to be my family. It’s a very tight-knit circle of people that I depend on and I trust their judgement. If ever I need support I can pick up the phone and I have people that I can talk to that put it into perspective for me.
.
GM.TV: Having the right support must be so, so important?
.
Adam: Especially doing this – it can get pretty insane.
.
GM.TV: How do you cope with being away from your friends?
.
Adam: My i-Phone is like my best friend! I love it! It’s so great when you’re travelling – I can keep in touch with people, watch movies, listen to music!
.
Suzie: You are so amazing vocally but how critical are you about yourself after performances?
.
Adam: I am SO hard on myself. If you were on the outside looking into my head you would probably be shocked. I’m a perfectionist and I get so frustrated with myself when it’s not perfect.
.
GM.TV: We hope you’re not too hard on yourself!
.
Adam: Sometimes I am. But I think it’s a good thing. My expectations for myself are so high that when I go on stage I have to try to live up to these expectations and that probably creates a stronger performance. If were lazy and didn’t care as much it’d probably be mediocre stuff I was doing.
.
GM.TV: Do you praise yourself too?
.
Adam: Sometimes. Just now, I was happy with performance here at GMTV!
.
GM.TV: We thought you were fabulous so you should be celebrating in London tonight after your Heaven gig!
.
Adam: I actually think I’m gonna do just that!
.
.
http://www.gm.tv/entertainment/music/48194-adam-lambert-q-and-a.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template adamlambertmedia © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top