THIS ARTICLE HAS BEEN TRANSLATED 

Adam Lambert: "I started to wear makeup in my early teens!"

Posted at : Friday, April 02, 2010

New Sweden Interview!






Adam Lambert: "I started to wear makeup in my early teens!"

Adam Lambert is still same old Adam from American Idol. He says he gained a few grams and gets less sleep but he doesn't complain and enjoy life to the fullest. However, he has no time for a partner in his life as it looks like now. He is a very busy man and feel that the time isn't enough, but he is sure to bring your family and friends on top of his prioritizes!

I met him for a wonderful interview at Berns Salonger in Stockholm before his intimate acoustic gig. We talked about his time in American Idol, Tokio Hotel, his musical history and what he thinks of his fans are so dedicated.

I looked at his amazing stylish outfit. He was wearing a cool pair of boots with studs on, a pair of black jeans with leather details, a gray sweater over a black cardigan and a black beanie on his head. And of course lots of glorious jewelry. I asked him where he gets all his inspiration from, and if he has any particular style icon .. "I like how David Bowie dress, Glam/Rock style, Prince, Michael Jackson and Boy George.. I like men who wear makeup, it looks fantastically good. "It is unfortunately, disappearing bit, the trend that men should wear make up and it sucks, but I am trying diligently to get it back!"

Without even addressing Tokio Hotel Adam was very good at bringing it up himself, "Tokio Hotel are cool and when I saw him [Bill Kaulitz, lead singer of Tokio Hotel, Red Note] I thought, wow, one more doing that style, love it. Bill is very beautiful. I like his androgynous features and style. It's sexy. I continued to nod assent, saying that he really is right in what he says. Adam went on to talk about Bill.. "We have a similar style. All he is dressed in is neatly. We both like Dior (haha)."




That Adam chose to focus on music came very naturally. As young he went to music school, and was taking part in many musicals, wrote his own music and recorded. He knew then that it was music that he wanted to get involved with, there was nothing else for him. He left school in 2000 and then started his music career. He got more time to spent on his music and developed it to start doing much classic rock. "I started to wear makeup in my early teens and began to wear nail polish when I was in the 20s. I went to many auditions and then I was not afraid to be myself. It is difficult to succeed in Hollywood, a guy with makeup is not something you see every day if you are not a Drag Queen. "I knew it took a lot and that I would not be signed by a company directly."

When American Idol started last year, when Adam searched into it, he was likely favorite of many. I and surely many others wondered if he expected this success... "I never thought I would get that far in the competition that I really did.. I thought immediately that I would be laughed at because of my theater background, I have weird clothes, use makeup and nail polish. It felt like I could not be included from the start and every time I went through, I thought, really? (haha). It was so unreal! Of course it felt better for each week. And to really get as far as the finals was a fantastic experience!" He also added that it felt absolutely fantastic and surreal to be on the same stage as KISS and Queen during the finale, there was nothing he could have imagined.

That Adam loves all divas in the music world is quite clear. He often mentions Christina Aguilera, Lady GaGa and Beyoncé, and he also like Rihanna. On his debut album 'For Your Entertainment', he works with, among other, Lady GaGa!

He listens a lot to music, among others, Mike Snow, Goldfrapp, Muse, Led Zeppelin, David Bowie, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Queen... Here I took the opportunity to ask him what he think about Black Sabbath that are an amazing band. He nodded, "Oh yeah, mhm.. They are great. "

Speaking of big names, I also asked him if he has any role model. "My mom and dad. I also ask my friends for advice. They are always there for me!"



I wanted to hear how he sees his fans, I know they are very dedicated. "The contact with my fans is very important. I don't understand really how you can wait outside the hotel for several hours or fly across half the country to see me come out from an airport. I've never been a superfan of anyone, never experienced that. I think nothing bad about it, I just don't understand why. I respect and appreciate it and I'm very flattered. I have noticed that it almost never is guys, that most are a bit older females. "I know they like what I do and that is admirable."

What inspires Adam when it comes to writing music is that he wants to make people feel encouraged and to be able to relate to texts. "I like to write things that make people happy. I want to get them to dance and let loose. Think of all that is positive in life and that you should feel good. That was my point with this album, that you feel glamorous and do what makes you happy."

Since it is the first time Adam Lambert visiting Sweden, I checked with him if he knows anything about Swedish music, "The Ark, I love them. They were invited to tonight's gig but unfortunately they were very busy. I like Ola Salo. "He's cool!"
Adam will return to Europe again in a month already. But not to our dear country, but our neighbor Finland and England, Germany, Italy, and this time he takes his entire team with him. I asked him to look for Tokio Hotel when he was going to Germany because he digs them...

Finally I was so curious to hear what he had to say about the Swedish star producer Max Martin.. "He's just amazing. I got a call from my manager and she said we have materials that Max Martin wants you to use. I got really excited and knew immediately that it would be fine."


SOURCE

Rough Translation via @_ninni
Thx to joooory

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template adamlambertmedia © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top