This interview was conducted Oct 18, 2015

Related interview for Confidential on Nova 96.9 with J.Mo & Elle 
will be published Sunday Oct 28, 2015


A photo posted by JMoConfidential™ (@jmoconfidential) on





Adam Lambert tells X Factor contestants what’s important as he prepares for guest slot
 
October 18, 2015 11:18pm
Jonathon MoranChief Entertainment WriterThe Daily Telegraph

American singer Adam Lambert at Nova studios in Pyrmont ahead of his X Factor Australia performance. Picture: Toby Zerna

ADAM Lambert says fans can tell when stars are trying to be someone else.

“The public aren’t stupid and they can smell bulls**t from a mile away,” Lambert said.

“Authenticity is really important. If you are not being true to yourself, people are like, ‘meh’. In the beginning when I started I had this glam rock fantasy and I really played it out wearing crazy clothes and a lot of make-up. And over the years it has evolved into a different thing and I just wanted to get a little more real, quite frankly.”

Lambert, 33, is in town for just a couple of days, flying in to perform new single Another Lonely Night live on The X Factor on Tuesday night.

He will return in January for a national run of shows, including Sydney’s Enmore Theatre on the 31st.

“It is really easy to get caught up (in the competition),” he said when asked his advice for X Factor contestants.

“The thing to keep in mind while you are on the show is to keep your ears and eyes open, ask as many questions as you can and start developing relationships that you need. This business is really hard and it is all about the team you have around you and the decisions you make.”

Another Lonely Night is the follow-up single to his previous hit, Ghost Town, from third studio album, The Original High.

“I think everyone has felt that way (lonely),” he explained.

“It is definitely personal and something that I went through but I think everyone has and hopefully when they hear it they realise they’re not alone. Even though it is bittersweet lyrically, it does make you want to dance so that could get you through that feeling.”
American singer Adam Lambert. Picture: Toby Zerna

The singer added: “I work a lot, I travel a lot and I love what I do. I’m single, I live alone, there are some lonely moments.”

Lambert has sold several million albums since placing runner-up on American Idol in 2009. His biggest hits include Whataya Want From Me and If I Had You.

Longevity is his main game.

“I just want to be able to keep working, that’s pretty much all I am asking for. Yes we are in the music industry and it gets competitive and there’s chart positions and of course it feels good to have a hit but I just want to be able to do what I love for a living and keep it going and artistically explore new things.”

https://mega.co.nz/#F!fJk1zYBQ!1WbSKcXm5YYxctbcI1KbMw



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogger Template adamlambertmedia © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top